Family Support Worker
I am Becky Morgan and I am the Family Support Worker here at Park View Primary School.
We understand that school and family life are not always completely separate. I am here as a link between home and school. If you ever have something on your mind and are looking for some advice, help or just a listening ear then do not hesitate to contact me.
Family includes everyone so all pupils at the school are also welcome to come and see me; even if just for a chat.
When and where?
I am available every day between 8.30am and 3.15pm though some days I will be available at the end of the school day. I will also be at school events, parent’s evenings and at review meetings.
How can you contact me?
· If I am available you can come into the school and have a quick chat.
· We can talk over the phone (call reception)
· We may be introduced in meetings or when you are talking to a teacher.
· You can contact me via the school office to make an appointment to see me.
What services are offered?
· Signposting and local research
· General advice and guidance
· Assisting with financial difficulties and worries
· Helping with child development concerns
· Getting the right support for positive parenting and managing your child’s behaviour
· Help with form filling and writing letters
· Assisting you with meetings with external agencies
· Making referrals and assistance with accessing other services
· Offering your child support and someone to talk to
I am signed up to a Charter for Organisations/services to support children and families of offenders. If you know anyone who has a person close to them currently serving a prison sentence then I may be able to offer help and support. Working alongside Barnardo’s I have been provided with a wealth of information to offer help to families of offenders in prison. This is often a very difficult for time for families who may be too embarrassed to ask for help, however I am happy to offer confidential assistance and support where needed.
I am here for all children, parents and carers who attend Park View Primary School.