I would like to take this chance to introduce myself to those I haven’t yet met, my name is Mrs Johnson and I am the SENCo at Park View Primary School.
I have been part of the team at Park View Primary for over eight years and I love our school. Prior to that, I worked at part of a therapy team at a specialist school for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Condition.
I have a passion for supporting children with additional needs to thrive with both my degree and PGCE specialising in special educational needs (SEN).
Our vision for children at Park View is that all children are valued and respected members of our school community. I am here to help children, parents, families and teachers of children with special educational needs to ensure all children reach their potential.
I am here to actively support parents and children on the SEN Register but also to listen to anyone, regardless of if your child is currently on the SEN Register, who may need advice around about their child’s education or progress.
When you might contact me…
- To help parents to understand children’s Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- To support parents to understand the current educational provision in place for their child
- To talk through a child’s educational progress
- As a sign post to external support services
- As a liaison between parents, teachers and leadership
- To support in the application in implementation of Education, Health and Care Plans – EHCPs – across the school.
Currently, I work Monday to Wednesday.
Please feel free to contact me through the school reception on the phone or in person, or via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org